1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Move in with someone else
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any resolutions. I might make some for next year though.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My SIL gave birth to my niece, Abigail. I've had numerous friends get pregnant in the past year as well. Does that count?
4. Did anyone close to you die? Nope.
5. What countries did you visit? Just the U.S.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? To maybe be engaged, another child?
7. What date(s) from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 12th (Dylan's 1st Birthday), a few others.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Moving
9. What was your biggest failure? None I can think of.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? We had a really bad flu when we first moved into our new place.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A new phone?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Our whole family
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I'm not sure. A few people I know, I guess.
14. Where did most of your money go? Moving, Dylan
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? EVerything related to Dylan. It's been a fun year in terms of him developing!
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2010? Ah no clue?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: i. happier or sadder? happier ii. thinner or fatter? definitely fatter! iii. richer or poorer? Richer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Definitely enjoyed more of life.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying about things
20. How did you spend Christmas? We spent the morning/afternoon with my parents and then with Cindy/Vern and Audrey/Vern. We spent the rest of the night at home by ourselves with our son.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? Yup.
22. How many one-night stands? None.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Glee, Criminal Minds, Teen Mom, 16 & Pregnant, The Event, No Ordinary family, The Walking Dead
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope.
25. What was the best book you read? Ive read quite a few that I've loved.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? None?
27. What did you want and get? To move!
28. What did you want and not get? A new car? A baby?
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Hmmm, Toy Story 3?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went out with my parents and Dylan. We went to Cheesecake Factory. I was 26.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Money for certain things.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Being comfortable
33. What kept you sane? Family
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? None
35. What political issue stirred you the most? None honestly.
36. Who did you miss? No one really?
37. Who was the best new person you met? Maybe a few friends from the Mom's group
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Good things come to those who wait?
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Don't have any
Monday, December 27, 2010
As of right now, he spotted the Rubbermaid that I packed full of his "Christmas in Toy Town" train set. He managed to drag it closer to me and rip the lid off. Guess this is my cue to exit and set it up. Hope everyone had very Happy Holidays this year (no matter what you celebrate)!
Friday, December 24, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
I'm a little late posting over at Menu Plan Monday, but better late than never.
This week is pretty Pioneer Woman heavy. I'm obsessed with her blog lately. Most of her recipes that I've tried have been dynamite.
I'm doing Christmas Eve dinner for the in-laws this year. We'll be over at my parents on Christmas Day. YAY for a day of little to no cooking.
Monday- BBQ Chicken Wraps with Pasta-Roni
Tuesday- Sloppy Joes (Pioneer Woman) with french fries and veggie
Wednesday- My Favorite Burgers (Pioneer Woman) with cottage cheese and veggie
Thursday- Pasta with a tomato cream sauce with garlic bread
Friday- I'm making ham with a raisin sauce, au gratin potatoes, candied carrots, broccoli and cauliflower casserole, rolls, and an apple crisp with vanilla ice cream (Recipe from PW)
Saturday- Mom is making hot roast beef sandwiches. I'm making bread pudding with maple cream sauce. Yum!
For more menu plans and awesome ideas, visit I'm an Organizing Junkie
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
I've been menu planning since we moved into our place. So far, it's worked out pretty well. We've been pretty lax the last week or so with Christmas shopping and what not. Definitely need to try and eat at home more. It's healthier and cheaper. Hoping to get back into the swing of things now that our shopping is done until Christmas.
I'm a little late to the game this week. We've been following our menu pretty closely though so I'm happy. We're also going to be out much of the weekend so we'll be eating at those places instead of home.
Monday- Steak and Shake (FIL treat)
Tuesday- Lasagna (Pioneer Woman) with Garlic Bread
Wednesday- Biscuit Dogs with French Fries and Veggie
Thursday- Pasta with spaghetti sauce
Friday- Grilled Cheese with veggie for Dad and baby, I have women coming over for a cookie baking extravaganza so we'll have frozen pizzas.
For more menus and recipe ideas head over to