Thursday, December 13, 2012
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Thursday, June 7, 2012
We went to see our friends Ailene, Jimmy, and Jason. When we got to their house, she couldn't stop telling me how great I look. Her Mom (who knows me) Skyped her while we were there so she could see the boys. She also couldn't stop telling me how great I looked. It's nice to hear how much it's paying off. While there, Ailene kept mentioning how much she wanted to lose weight. Of course, she wants it to come off the easy way. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. I wish I could get it through her head so she'd stop wasting money on shakes and teas and coffees that are designed to "help lose weight fast." Too bad she doesn't understand it won't be a permanent thing.
Anyway, I think we're off to the Y for a work out and then maybe to the splash pad. It's looking beautiful out there! Have a great day everyone!
Friday, June 1, 2012
How cute is that suit? I mean seriously! They're on sale for $20 so I was thinking about buying another one. I don't necessarily need another one, but it's so cute. We also swim ALL THE TIME so I feel like it'd be worth it in the long run.
I guess basically this boils down to.. NEW CLOTHES, SMALLER SIZES, LOSING WEIGHT!
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas
Cook Time: 45 Min
Total Time: 55 Min
- 2 medium ripe bananas the riper the better sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave)
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 cup fat free milk (or any milk you desire)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas
- Modified from Ambrosia Baking
- Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1/6th • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 6 pts
- Calories: 211.7 • Fat: 5.4 g • Protein: 5.6 g • Carb: 38.1 g • Fiber: 3.8 g • Sugar: 22.8 g
- Sodium: 76.9 mg (without salt)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly spray a 8 x 8" or 9 x 9" ceramic baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the ceramic dish. Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the bananas, 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon, 1 tbsp of the honey and cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes, until the bananas get soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the oats, half of nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, and salt; stir together. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining honey, milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Remove the bananas from the oven, then pour the oat mixture over the bananas and blueberries.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats, making sure to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible over the oats. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and walnuts over the the top.
- Bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal has set. Serve warm from the oven.
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Here's to 50 more and a whole life new opening up for me!
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Dylan has his 'war paint' on and is ready for battle.
The zoo has face paint in the kids area. Every time we go, Dylan insists on getting his face painted. Today he wanted to do mine too, but I escaped before he could get his clutches on me. Next time for sure..it'll be fun. Right?
As a side note..oh my gosh this weather is divine!
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Dylan helped Grandma and I make French toast for breakfast this morning. I let him help me crack eggs and I poured the milk. Afterward, I let him blend the mix with a fork. He loved doing it and didn't want to stop. Grandma then let him help dip the bread in the mix and he flipped a couple pieces with the spatula. As much as this age drives me nuts, I love it. He can do so much now and its fun getting to see him do new things.
Hope everyone had a great new years eve celebration. We spent it with my parents and some friends of theirs. Unfortunately, Dylan woke up vomiting this morning BUT he seems to have made a full recovery. Yay! Hold off Mr. flu bug for a little bit longer. :-)