Thursday, April 8, 2010

Top 3 Tuesday-Top 3 Favorite Names..

Over at another blog (Confessions from a Working Mom), they've posted asking readers to share their top 3 favorite names. As I love names, I can't resist joining in. When I was pregnant, I would pore over the name book for hours, hoping to find that one perfect name for my new little one. I eventually did, but the search was at times painstaking when you're faced with the wide variety of names they present in those books.

The List:

1) Dylan-We loved this name from the first, and I kept going back to it. It was one of those moments where you just keep going over a list you've made and one things pops into the foreground every time. That's how it was with Dylan. It's a name that is classic, normal, and will age well. Plus, it fits him perfectly.

2) Lily-My Father pushed hard for this name if we were having a girl. I can't describe why I like this name except to say I love how delicate and feminine it sounds. If I'd have had a girl, she'd have been Lily Grace. If nothing changes between now and my next child, this will be her name.

3) Eden- This is a new one for me, but one I've come to love a lot recently. A woman on my BabyCenter Board has a daughter named Eden, and I've managed to fall in love with it through that. It's also a classic and very pretty without being too "weird" or "different."

A close 4th for me was the name Beatrix. A little girl at our story time has this name. I find it to be adorable, quirky, and a little bit spunky. Plus, I love the possibility of the nickname "Bea."

No comments:

Post a Comment