Friday, April 30, 2010

I wish every day was the weekend...

Weekends are starting to become our "family" time. It never fails that when Friday rolls around, we are together as a family either relaxing or finding something new to do. This past weekend was one of the best we've had in awhile. Friday night, we packed Dylan up and went to Target. Dylan was in pretty desperate need of diapers so we grabbed those and ended up taking a long look at Mother's Day cards. I walked away, and while I was gone, Ryan and Dylan apparently chose a nice Mother's Day card for yours truly.

Afterwards, we drove across to the street to make a stop at Archiver's. Ryan walked around looking uncomfortable while I picked up some necessities so I could finish up his birthday pages and also start a new Mother's Day project. I'd heard people raving about The Patio so we stopped to grab dinner. We weren't necessarily impressed with the atmosphere at the Patio, but the food was great. Dylan ended up eating a whole meal by himself. About 15 minutes after we were there, the fire alarm started to go off. None of the employees seemed overly concerned which made me wonder if this happens frequently. This impression was further cemented when it took the firefighters 20-25 minutes to get there. They ended up doing a walk through and then leaving. Is it weird to anyone else that they just let us sit there while a fire alarm was going off? In any case, the food saved it. Probably won't be going back anytime soon though!

Saturday we woke up and headed to Navy Pier. We ended up watching a free magician, walking around, looking in stores, and then heading into the Children's Museum for most of the day. I think we spent a good 3 hours there just looking around and letting Dylan explore. Ryan and I might have possibly had more fun than Dylan though. Isn't that how it always is though? After, we walked down the way and ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. While we were there, a huge group of foreign exchange students from France came in. It was interesting to see kids from a different country. The girls paid a lot of attention to Dylan (naturally). The day ended with us walking over to see the botanical gardens. It was a nice outing and very relaxing. I'll have to post some of the pics I took from the day.

We're at another weekend, and I'm hoping it ends up as great as the others we've been having. I know I need to get over here and work on this project. How's everyone else's weekends starting?

No comments:

Post a Comment